Expert: Chris Pirillo
#1 of 30
About the Expert
As one of the most entertaining and authoritative personalities on the Internet today, Chris Pirillo was our 1st choice to write on the topic of “Secrets of an Earlier Adopter Tech Entrepreneur.” Chris is the driving force behind Lockergnome, launched in 1996 as well as The Chris Pirillo Show, launched in 2005. In addition, he is the author of several e-books on consumer electronics and a monthly column in CPU Magazine. A writer, columnist, TV personality, radio show host, conference producer and web superstar, Chris does it all the while informing, empowering and entertaining his audience. We are thrilled to have him on board as our expert of the day.
Can’t stay long. Too busy trying new things. That’s what being an early adopter is all about, I guess. We use sentence fragments. Quite often. Too often. We also come up with “top ten” lists that appeal to people who have short attention spans:
1. Watch trends – big ones, not just the ones the media tells you to watch.
2. Watch friends – personal ones, not just Ross and Rachel.
3. Ignore the echo chamber – once everybody starts talking about it, you’ve already missed your chance for being an early adopter.
4. Stay up late – you’ll get more work done after hours than you ever will during the middle of the day.
5. Sell to buy – don’t go out and get a new gadget until you’ve sold your old one.
6. Go to conferences – you can’t be a player unless you get out of the house and play.
7. Try something new – if you think your current set of tools is good enough, quit now.
8. Send feedback – tell producers what you like, and what you don’t like.
9. Leave ’em hungry – don’t show all your cards.
Yeah, that’s nine. Want more? Cool. Subscribe to me. 😉