By: Daniel Dore
Sales Support Engineer
Our publisher support and sales support teams have received a number of inquiries on adding Chitika Premium ads to Google Ad Manager, Google’s new…ad manager. This was the method I used to get up-and-running:
- Create a “line item” for the Chitika ads (setting the type as ‘CPC’ and the other metrics as you wish)
NOTE: I manually set the “weighting” to 10 and the targeting to U.S. and Canada traffic, and restricted it to users coming from the major search engines, in lieu of setting up an ad campaign as the “alternate” URL; if this method does not ‘work’ for you, you may need to specify another campaign as the “alternate URL (contact our customer support for instructions).
- I uploaded the Premium ad as a Rich Media creative and saved the result; if you cannot see the ad after saving it you might need to use the “#chitikatest” preview tool.
- Once I created the campaign, I created a new ad slot (or, you can use an existing ad slot) for the Chitika | Premium ad
- I then added it to a placement on the site
- …and generated sample HTML to try it out on my page.
Questions? Comments? Let us know!